Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sadly Vindicated

If you get the chance to see "Uncounted" by all means this is a DO NOT MISS movie. If you care about democracy, if you care about the future for our children, you must see this movie. It is a well-researched and well-documented account of the extent of just how poorly we are doing in maintaining a free democracy.

There are some fantastic heroes in "Uncounted:" Steve Heller - the whistle blower in California who completely exposed Diebold for the lying cheating thieves that they are, and Clint Curtis - who quit his job after being told to write the vote-flipping code for voting machines in Florida, and then ended up switching his party allegiance to Democrat and actually running for Congress against his former employer. Please go to http://www.uncountedthemovie.com/ and view the trailer. It is sickening how corrupt the system is.

Why I called this post "Sadly Vindicated" is that I knew about most of this stuff 4 years ago after the 2004 election, the vote flipping in Florida and Ohio, the mess of Jim Crow tactics in Ohio. We all believed and knew that the 2000 election was stolen, but nobody really wanted to believe that the 2004 election was stolen and we just didn't like Kerry all that much anyway, did we?

After the 2004 election, I recall my own husband, my brother Sam, my husband's best friend Steve, my dad, and probably others I now have forgotten, refused to even discuss this with me and wrote me off as a conspiracy nut. Consequently I chose to be silenced by their dismissal. Yes, I do feel vindicated seeing this movie and Richard now says he never thought I was a conspiracy nut (though I think he still thinks I am a nut when it comes to 9/11). What I didn't know or realize was that the extent of the mess in 2004 was far more widespread and went far deeper than just Florida and Ohio. I don't think any of us understood just how bad it really was or is. Nobody wants to believe our system is THAT broken and none of us can be blamed for just not wanting to go there! It is pretty heart-breaking.

I am happy now that people are finally talking about it. Kucinich has called for a recall in NH. I am sure this is a tactic to expose the voting fraud taking place in an attempt to wake up the country to this issue before November. He has nothing to gain from it personally and despite how silly it looks to the rest of the world, I completely understand what he is trying to do. Bravo for the fearless Kucinich!

4 comments:

writerwinterlight said...

I too knew that the 2004 election had been stolen. I was angry that Kerry did nothing about it, and then thought that perhaps the diagnosis of Elizabeth Edwards could have been a mitigating factor in that decision.

Don't know.

But Kucinich, not my favorite candidate, is indeed to be applauded for doing the right thing. It's not a stunt with him, as you said, he has little to gain.
We cannot afford another debacle in November.

Now the "Unity" people of the Congress are attempting to "pull together" to perhaps field a 3rd Party Candidate(Daniel Shore commented on this today January 13 on NPR). Mike Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City , is being bandied about as a possible candidate for such "Unity" party.

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

It will simply be a dumb move that will muddy the waters and through a well-designed monkey wrench into the mix.

Will the money grubbers never stop?

Apparently not.

Be aware and continue to support the candidate of your choice.

Jacqueline

writerwinterlight said...

throw a monkey wrench, not through

Debs said...

it's hard in Cafe to stay on internet, once at library I'll watch trailer.I'm listening more to politically active radio, a new for me, the woman at the post office said voters are registering like hotcakes here, it must be a good sign, more hope in people's mind for making change I think.

kartika said...

Hey - this is scary stuff and I will see the movie - soon we will be forced to take to the streets unless we have some radical changes in the system, and get some new leadership who actually gives a shit about our country. Hey, how about Obama? He is rock'n the socks off his campaign and people are taking to the streets in a good way - I dig it so much!
Kartika